Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Against the Wall

I just finished Against the Wall by Julie Prestsater. It is the story of a girl who falls in love with her childhood sweetheart. They are engaged when before the wedding he calls it off. She is heart broken and what is worse, they teach in the same high school and he begins dating another teacher. So she has to see them together every day and her best friend Mel is going through a similar situation with her love life with the exception that her husband is a lawyer who "works" late hours. So Shelly, the main character decides to close her heart and try to get over Chase as best she can. Her other best friend and colleague Matty decides he wants to ask her out and will not "go there" with her until she is finally over Chase and is ready to say, "I love you" and mean it to him.
This is a funny, romantic, heart warming story of two teachers who beat the odds. I guess it touches me more so than other people because I am a teacher and know how that daily grind of working with kids all day can get exhausting. This is a great story and it is the first in a trilogy. I am now reading the second book, Between the Sheets. I am hoping it will be just as captivating as Against the Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment